The Hearing Voices Network is working with Shaun, a young person from Blackpool, with a dream. He wants to develop a peer support groups for young people in the Blackpool area who hear voices, see visions or have other unusual sensory experiences. The good news is that these groups already exist in London and Bradford (as part of the Voice Collective Project) and are really valued by those young people (aged 12-18) who attend them.
We’re excited to be running an ‘Open Event’ in partnership with Shaun to help raise awareness of the approach and bring together young people, families and youth workers with an interest in working with us to develop something new for young people in this area.
Saturday 28 June, 12.30 – 3.30pm @ The Oracle (St Annes Road, Blackpool)
Download: Blackpool VC Open Event Flyer
Come along to this open session, and:
- find out about Voice Collective meet other young people who hear voices or see visions
- find out about how people can learn to cope with difficult voices or visions
- hear from people who have recovered from overwhelming experiences
- challenge the stigma around voice-hearing
- help us plan the best way of launching Voice Collective group(s) in the North East of England
Who is it for?
- Young people who hear voices, see visions or have other unusual experiences
- Parents, carers & family members Youth workers (including CAMHS, EIP, Support Workers, Counsellors …)
- People interested in supporting the development of Voice Collective in Lancashire
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please book your place using Eventbrite so we can make sure we have enough space and refreshments for everyone.
One response to “Blackpool – Young People’s Open Event (June)”
this is great I am so happy to hear that something is being done for the young people