Is it time for a revolution in mental health and society?
A free Hearing Voices event (but donations are welcome)
20 April 2015, 9.45 – 4.45pm
@ Amnesty International Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EA
Download & Share: Event Flyer
An increasing number of people, groups and organisations are becoming concerned with the current paradigm of pathologising and labelling human experiences and understandable reactions to trauma and adversity.
Whilst many of us are working to challenge this, from both inside and outside the system, we are acutely aware that we still have a long way to go.
In this one day event, the Hearing Voices Network seek to bring together all those people and organisations who seek change to explore:
- what needs to change?
- what can we do differently to make it happen?
The day will involve a combination of:
- Keynote presentations on crucial issues – including human rights, the pharmaceutical industry, the rights of a person to their beliefs, power & societal change.
- A market-place to hear from a range of organisations who are also working for change.
- Discussion spaces to think about, and reflect on, presentations.
- Interactive workshops, including: ‘Errrr … but’; ‘Double agents’; ‘Changing the world’ and ‘Can we work together?’
Invited organisatons include:
Afiya Trust – Amnesty International – BPS DCP & DECP – Creative Routes CEP – Critical Psychiatry Network – EHI – Friends of East London Loonies – INTAR – ISPS UK – Liberty – Mad Pride – Mental Fight Club – Mental Health & Human Rights International – National Paranoia Network – Open Dialogue UK – PODS – Speak Out Against Psychiatry – Spiritual Crisis Network – Social Work Action Network – Soteria – WISH – Women Beyond The Margins – and many more.
HVN Annual General Meeting
National Hearing Voices Network is a registered charity (no. 1094021). If you would like to become a member, please see www.hearing-voices.org. We are having our AGM after this event, from 5.00pm in the same venue.